Saturday, June 11, 2011

Crazy Drivers

I don't know what's going on on the road these days, but it seems that people's driving habits are getting worse.

The first thing I noticed was that a lot of people don't know how to make a left turn. I've nearly been hit several times by people going diagonally into a street when a left turn requires an "L" movement. Very scary.

The second thing is people driving way under the speed limit. I mean 5 to 10 miles consistently. My daily drives are timed for me to go the speed limit. This is very frustrating to be stuck behind someone out for a leisurely spin. I mean, if you have that much leisure time, how are you paying for gas?

The third thing are people not knowing how to make a right turn. Right turns are very easy. Why must one stop in the middle of making the turn? To admire the view?

And finally -- at least for this rant -- what's with sitting at lights long after they've turned green? Are they waiting for a color they like? I mean, I'm inordinately fond of pink and purple, but folks, traffic lights come in only three colors! Green means GO! Very simple to remember. Don't you love alliteration? And if I finally beep at you to alert you to the fact that the light turned green 30 seconds ago, don't compound your ignorance and your rudeness by flipping me the bird. It only confirms that you're a jerk.

No comments: