Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Back-to-Daylight-Savings-Time Blues

My body has barely--almost--adjusted from Eastern Daylight Time to Eastern Standard Time. How else do I  explain the almost daily 4:00 AM awakenings? Now the government is asking me to revert.

I'm getting too old for this stuff. Seriously.

Okay, the theoretical "extra" hour of daylight at the end of the work day is nice, but I lose an hour of daylight at the start of my work day. And it's tough to enjoy that "extra" hour at night when the old eyelids won't stay open.

We could just leave time alone and use light bulbs at night. Noon would then be noon, when the sun is directly overhead, not at 11:00 AM.

Did you know Daylight Savings Times may increase the risks of a heart attack, a car accident, and suicide?

Springing ahead would work better if nap time was allotted during the work day the first week or so.

To think I used to resend forced naps in kindergarten. What a silly girl I was.


No comments: