Sunday, January 06, 2013

Clumps

Ever notice how things seem to happen in clumps?

Example: my sister & husband say celebrity deaths come in threes.

Yesterday was a clump day for me. The topic: flashing lights.

My first errand was accomplished without incident. As I drove to my second stop of the morning, my initial reaction was that the road was closed, but my depth perception is fading with age. There was what appeared to be a water main break with several DPW trucks flashing amber lights.

I didn't think any more of it until four blocks later when I came across the clean-up of a car accident. Either state troopers or county sheriffs and lots of strobing blue and red lights.

When I reached my third destination, there were amber lights again, this time a postal truck being towed.

I arrived at my fourth stop a bit early, so sat in my car and read. Something in the rear-view mirror tagged my attention. More flashing red lights, this time at the head of a funeral procession.

That's when it struck me that the theme of my day seemed to be flashing lights.

The drive to my fifth destination was uneventful, and I forgot about the whole thing. But when I was driving home, there was another automobile accident. There were so many vehicles with lights going it was difficult to tell which lane of the highway I was supposed to be in.

So what kinds of themes have you noticed in your life lately?

No comments: