Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sisters

I love my sister.

We don't have a lot in common, but the interest we do share, we share with a passion: words. Whether book, song, movie, or television, we both adore a good story. We're trying to figure out how to play Scrabble on line with each other -- I won't pay for Pogo, and she loathes Facebook. We'll work it out.

But our e-mails consist of such topics as:

  • "Why didn't you tell me the new JD Robb was coming out next month?" 
  • "Sorry, have you ever read Lisa Gardner?" "Of course. I have all of her early stuff." 
  • "Did you see Downton Abbey this week?" 
  • "I have to lend you two versions of Pride and Prejudice, I can't believe you've never seen it!"
  • "Guess what I got from the library today? Neener, neener, nee-ner." 
  • "Have you ever heard Adele? You have to listen to her!"


She's also my original and most trusted beta reader. Because she is a reader. A lover of words.

And if that's all we have in common (besides family), I can't think of anything else I'd rather have.

Love you, Sissy!

No comments: